Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Being Brief.

Thanks for bearing with my moans yesterday and thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I am delighted to say that today, Tuesday, things are much better and hopefully they will be even more so tomorrow. I am determined to bowl if I possibly can. We will see what happens.

Otherwise, I haven't much to say at the moment.

I had a fruit pizza many years ago and was told how to make it, but it was at a party so never really knew how to do it. I had since forgotten about it until today when I came across this recipe. The presentation is from both Kraft Kitchens and Reynolds Wrap.

PHILADELPHIA Fruit Pizza

  • 4 cups assorted fresh fruit (kiwi and strawberry slices, red and black raspberries, drained canned mandarin oranges)  
  •  1 Tbs water

  • Heat oven to 375°F.
  • Line 12-inch pizza pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil; spray with cooking spray. Arrange cookie dough slices in single layer in prepared pan; press together to completely cover bottom of pan. Bake 14 min.; cool completely.
  • Invert onto plate; carefully remove foil. Turn crust over; place on plate.
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended; spread onto crust. Top with fruit.
  • Mix preserves and water; brush onto fruit. Refrigerate 2 hours.                               

Have a great day
 

26 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - glad you're feeling easier .. that fruit pizza looks delicious - a good party dish ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. Hope you enjoyed your summer break by the way.

      Fruit pizza is delicious.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, almost back to normal, whatever normal is.

      Delete
  3. Good luck bowling today!!! The pizza looks good...I've seen that recipe before but never tried it. I absolutely love the vegetable pizza made with rolled out crescent rolls, a cream cheese/dill mixture, fresh veggies and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo. I had one years ago and thought it was delicious. I like the sound of your pizza too.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are feeling better...just be careful when bowling...OK that's it from me:) The fruit pizza sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I had was great Birgit.

      I was very careful at bowling and scored better than I have in a long time.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like I need to visit a previous post.

    That recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, Mrs. Worry Worts, I'm much better.

      Should be yummy.

      Delete
  6. So pleased you are feeling a little better - hope the bowling goes well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Actually the bowling went extremely well. Although I was moving real slow.

      Delete
  7. Hi human, Jo,

    I do so hope you manage to go bowling. Being a dog, don't think I'd like that pizza. Thank you for a brief pawsting. I prefer it when pawsts are short.

    Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

    Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, thanks for dropping by. I did manage to go bowling thank you. I am pawsitive you wouldn't like that pizza athough it does have cheese, which many dogs like, and I have known dogs who eat fruit.

      Pawsitive wishes to you too Penny. Hope your human is doing OK.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you're feeling better and that bowling went well. The fruit pizza sounds yum. I did a "fruit" cake for my birthday - cake shaped but made completely out of fruit. It disappeared very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. but Matt swears he will never go bowling with me whilst I am ill again. I beat him hands down today.

      Never heard of a cake like that, sounds good Helen.

      Delete
  9. Woohoo on feeling better. Cool beans.

    PS: I love to make apple pizza. Fruit desserts in general. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy.

      Never heard of apple pizza. I imagine the cream cheese would be no good for you in this dessert?

      Delete
    2. I use to use cream cheese in the apple pizza. I can eat cream cheese now, actually, I can eat all dairy but I won't because I enjoy standing upright and not being inflamed. Also, I find I no longer enjoy the taste of cream cheese.

      Delete
    3. Well it's not much use eating something which upsets you is it Ivy?

      Delete
  10. My husband spent time in the United States when he was a kid and he claims he introduced the idea of putting pineapple onto pizzas to the US. I love the look of this especially with the Philly cheese. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jo,

    Sincerely hope you're feeling better, but you know I had a giggle (sorry!!) when I was thinking of you sitting on the toilet aka known as the Ring of Fire...

    I was like, "What did that woman make for dinner... an Atomic Curry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust you to giggle about something like that Mork. I actually only went for a pee so there.

      I am pleased to say it has almost disappeared today.

      Delete
  12. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Love the fruit pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better and bowling was fine thanks Yolanda.

      The one I ate was delicious.

      Delete