Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Tizzy, Bowling, Summertime.

I reread what I wrote yesterday about North Korea, I am not sure why I was so upset the other night, I honestly felt North America was about to be attacked any instant and really worked myself up into a good funk. Talking to Matt and listening to the news the next day, helped me calm down. I am not usually the sort to get myself into such a tizz. Guess I was lucky I could sleep that night, but I did, like a log, so I guess I wasn’t that worried after all.

Then there was bowling, if that’s what you call it. I think I am getting worse, I did have one respectable game, the other two were below average, although I guess not too badly. Matt did much better than I did.

Don’t forget, by the way, to put your clocks forward tonight.  Its great if you are on nightshift, you get to go home an hour earlier. Of course you lose it again at the end of the summer.Clocks
Of course you are supposed to do it at 2 a.m. on Sunday but I can’t see anyone getting up specially.
I’m afraid I have damn all to write about today, so I won’t keep babbling. I need to do some work on my A to Z Challenge blogs this weekend too.

I never really thought about pesto being vegan or otherwise until I saw this recipe. I must admit I get a bit tired of parmesan anyway, so this might be a great alternative.

Vegan Pesto

By The Gluten Free Goddess
WebMD Recipe from Foodily.comvegan_pesto
Ingredients
  • 2 cups washed, loosely packed stemmed fresh herbs- basil, cilantro, parsley, mint
  • 1/2 cup shelled pecans or walnuts
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic
  • 1/4 cup good tasting extra virgin olive oil, as needed
  • sea salt, to taste
Instructions
  1. Combine the fresh herbs, nuts, and garlic in a food processor and process the mixture until it turns into a coarse meal. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil in a steady drizzle as you pulse the processor on and off. Process until it becomes a smooth, light paste. Add enough olive oil to keep it moist and spreadable. Season with sea salt, to taste.
  2. Cover and store chilled for at least an hour to saturate the flavours. I like to pour a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil over the top to help keep it bright green.
Have a great weekend.
Jo_thumb[2]

15 comments:

  1. Our clocks go forward on the last Sunday of March so its the 31st this year. I love it when that happens - a real sign that Winter is on its way out (hopefully) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our timing changed because the States decided to change clocks earlier, not sure why we are doing it in the middle of the month though. It does make you think of spring, but here we still have lots of snow and can certainly get heavy snowfalls in April some years.

      Delete
  2. Yup, we lose an hour of sleep this weekend. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hard on you working stiffs, fine for us retarded I mean retired people.

      Delete
  3. Actually, it is a bit scary to have the North Koreans rattle their nukes, and what is making me angry is when some famous person or star like our basket ball player, Dennis Rodman goes to a country like North Korea, which is hostile to the US, starves its people and is listed among the 7 worst countries with human rights violations. This just gives legitimacy to dictators. What were the people who organized this thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, that shouldn't happen - or should it? Maybe envoys like that might help to make friendships. I don't really know where I fall on that one.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jo! Your cute lil poem came thru email, and not on blog, did you want it like that? I enjoyed your poem!
    The birds in the sky
    That love to cry
    And those that sing
    Are a wonderful thing!
    --shaylakwiatkowski.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll probably find it in your Spam filter, I have one friend who comments and it always goes to spam for some reason.

      Like your poem too.

      Delete
    2. Good Morning! It wasn't in spam filter. But I am glad I got it anyway! Have a nice day.

      Delete
  5. I make my own pesto all the time with fresh basil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presumably not with Parmesan? Have you ever tried asparagus pesto? I love it.

      Delete
  6. I suspect your reaction to the North Korean threat is because you, like me, spent much of your youth with sabre rattling from the USSR and we were never quite sure if they would follow through on their threats given their leadership often seemed quite unbalanced. Looking back I don't know if they would have ever really considered it but we saw a world power that would allow large numbers of their own population to starve to try to prove a political point so we had no idea what else they were capable of. At the time it seemed quite possible. Now we have the North Korean government starving its own people in the name of a political ideal so we have a similar scenario - an apparently unbalanced leadership making quite frightening threats and with the weapons to back it up - and for those of us old enough to remember the old fear floods back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for rationalising my fears Helen. I think you are probably quite right.

      Delete
  7. I love Pesto! I do tend to get worked up about things related to my country too, so that's understandable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I do like what Helen said about living with the fears of our younger years. It is very true.

      This Pesto doesn't have Parmesan in it remember.

      Delete