Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bowling, Movies.

How things change, Friday a week ago I bowled up a storm, Monday I did the same thinBowling Pinsg, yesterday I bowled like a man with no arms. Boy does that ever tee me off. It wasn’t just one bad game, it was 3 although the middle game I did get close to my average. Ah well, Monday is another day. Matt won’t be able to bowl Monday as he is having the skin around his eyes stitched up so I think he will be resting up for a while. No not cosmetic.

Had you asked me I would have sworn that I had seen The Shawshank Morgan FreemanRedemption, but Friday night we watched it on TV and I remembered nothing of the movie at all. Morgan Freeman was wonderful, but then what wasn’t he wonderful in? I have just discovered that the report of his death last year was a hoax, I really believed he had died. What weird things people do. According to the report, its not the first time this has happened to him. I guess the first time I really registered Morgan Freeman was in Driving Miss Daisy which was a wonderful movie and I suppose the one I just saw was probably just as old.

Well, its pretty late at night now, so this is only a short blog and then I’m off to bed.

The recipe following reminds me of one we often do, taking a nice summer tomato, cutting it in half and sprinkling it with olive oil, basil, salt and pepper and sometimes a little garlic. You then put it under the broiler until done. We usually are grilling something like pork chops when we do this. Delicious.

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com

A sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil transform tomatoes into the baked_parmesan_tomatoesperfect side dish. Or try sandwiching them between slices of your favorite whole-wheat country bread.

Ingredients

  • 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
  • 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • freshly ground pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
  2. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.

Have a great weekend

Jo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo .. I hate to say - I still have to see Driving Miss Daisy - one I can catch up on sometime this year. But Morgan Freeman is a very good actor ...

    Love fresh tomatoes - and these sound delicious, as well as simple ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll really have to see it Hilary, it is a great movie.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure he was amused by reports of his death.

    ReplyDelete