Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back Pain, Asparagus, Banned Movie.

I forgot to update my report on ActiPatch yesterday. I spent a lot of time – or a lot more time – standing cooking on Saturday and found it helped me a great deal. I am very impressed with its performance. However, one problem I encountered, when I went bowling yesterday it had a tendency to ride up. As bowling is the only sports I do, I don’t know how it would be for anyone else in other sports, but I guess if you had too much pain you wouldn’t be playing those sports anyway, right?

A report out this morning about a movie which is NOT being shown in Britain but will be part of the Cannes Film Festival. It is about Princess Diana and shows pictures of her lying at death’s door at the end of her life. The movie is backed by Dodi al Fayed’s father who continues to believe that the Royal Family engineered her death. For God’s sake, why can’t they leave it alone. The investigation at the time showed that the driver of their car was drunk. Finish,  kaput, end it. Meanwhile Prince William and his bride have left on honeymoon, something nice for them to take with them!

asparagusAfter all that moaning and groaning, I won’t be getting asparagus at Barrie’s Farm, as soon as I wanted to, people have already been there and I couldn’t make it until this morning. However, better late than never, can’t wait. The first thing I want to do is stock up on homemade soup, we ate every bit of the batch I made last year. Plus I want to try out some of the recipes we enjoyed last year, asparagus wrapped in phyllo pastry was one of my favourites, can’t remember the name of the recipe right now, but I will be hunting for it very soon. As you can see, I found the recipe.

Asparagus Phyllo Bundles

Source: Paula DeenAsparagus Phyllo Bundles

For one roll:
Phyllo - 1/2 sheet for 2 asparagus
2 stalks asparagus
Parmesan, grated

1. Brush phyllo with butter, sprinkle with Parmesan, place 2 asparagus in middle and roll. Place in baking dish, sprinkle more Parmesan and put in oven 375 F for 15 mins.

Yield: one roll:

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment