Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Malware,Odds and Ends.

I have been hit with the Advanced XP Defender Malware which I cannot seem to get rid of. I phoned a computer guy but he hasn't got back to me yet. My security programme doesn't seem to be able to find it and remove it. Oy vey as a friend would say. I think it may well be my fault opening something I shouldn't have. If you receive an email from UPS with an attachment and you have had no dealings with them, DO NOT open it. I was a tad nervous, our cribbage playing friend asked me to do her taxes for her. I do mine but I wasn't sure I could do hers, however, I signed her in to UFile and it all worked - how about that? I was impressed. That really is a good site. I have used it several times over the years. It was using the laptop which made me extra nervous and I did, in fact, enter one income figure wrongly and ended up showing she needed to pay the government $20,000 - I don't think so. At the moment I am using my laptop which I don't find easy to type on. I am used to a low keyboard so if this is full of errors, please accept my apologies. I'm not sure about pictures either, seems to be a problem.
Because of my problems, I have gone to Kraft Kitchens for an easy recipe for me to share and for you to cook. I looked at this recipe before and thought about making it.
Banana Sour Cream Cake
Kraft Kitchens
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
3 eggs 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1 pkg. (250 g) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups icing sugar
1 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
HEAT oven to 350°F. BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 min. POUR into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan. Bake 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely. BEAT cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar. REMOVE cake from pan; cut crosswise in half. STACK cake pieces on serving plate, spreading some of the frosting between layers. FROST top and sides with remaining frosting. Carefully press nuts into frosting on sides of cake. Kraft Kitchens
Tips How to Neatly Frost the Cake Freeze cake layers about 20 min. before frosting. This helps to set the crumbs on the cut edges of the cake layers so they don't pull up into the frosting. And don't worry if the frosting does not look perfect on the sides of the cake--the nuts will cover any imperfections.
How to Make Stacked Cake Layers Even If baked cake is uneven, rotate the top cake piece, when stacking the cake, so that the narrower end of one cake is stacked over the thicker end of the first piece.
How to Cut the Cake For ease in cutting, first cut the layer cake lengthwise, then crosswise 8 times. Have a great day

3 comments:

  1. Bugs, bananas ... it's not your day, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure ain't. However, I think its all fixed now. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I receive messages about twice a month from my anti-virus program telling me that they've intercepted a virus sent to me in an email. So I gladly pay my yearly subscription fee.

    ReplyDelete